MY PROVEN BLUES

 Sky blue is my favorite color.  Recently, I was browsing Amazon online and saw they sold a sky-blue long-sleeved workout shirt.  I was pleasantly surprised, because I've never seen my favorite color on clothing before. Excitedly, I purchased two of these shirts (one in gray and my favorite blue).

 A tested blue

 I've tested Aqua-blue, both medium and light tones. Some refer to this hue as "light turquoise." I regularly wear aqua gloves with whitish leather palms made of washable leather.  Oh, believe me, the white doesn't stay white long. This blue works for deterring flying bugs.

Steer clear of the purplish blues. In Texas, you may appear to be a Salvia Azurea Blue Sage (wildflower).  Bees LOVE them.  This is a pollinator that can be found according to Wikipedia.org "from Utah east to Connecticut and from Minnesota south to Florida. This wildflower tends to be found in the eastern and southeastern portion of this range..."

 


Check out my favorite gloves, if you're hard working in your garden like me.  Great for rose bush thorns. However, for the Prickly Pear cactus use tougher leather gloves, Girls. 

I buy them at the local Atwoods (a family-owned establishment). Some Lowe's may carry it.  These aqua gloves fit nice and neatly to my hands, in Large. Garden gloves for women are costly for me, because I quickly wear them out. Nonetheless, they're cute and comfortable.

I've purchased leather gloves that (at the end of the day) blistered my hands. However, on some jobs, (as a stated) all-leather gloves are needed.  My remedy:  I use a thinner pair of gloves as a protective liner keeping the hard seams inside the gloves from tearing my skin.  Nonetheless, these Hydra Hyde gloves do well.  

Combined with my large brim hat, and my faithful aqua workout jacket I'm ready for gardening/mowing in the heat of the Texas sun.  

                                                       Be safe!  And Happy Gardening!



Comments