YES, EVEN YOUR BREATH DRAWS MOSQUITOES

Yes, mosquitoes are drawn to us when we exhale carbon dioxide.  However, I try not to go the extra mile by looking like a walking streetlight at dusk. I avoid looking like things, I can plainly see them being drawn to.  

Dusk is an unusual time for a morning-person to do yard work. However, I headed for the field wearing all grays with my head wrapped in a blue scarf.  I used my heavy loppers (long handled pruning shears) to chop down the milkweeds under bushes around the field instead of uprooting them, which would've been best.  The loppers were definitely over-kill, but heavy enough for a good workout.

On my way back to the house I looked down and there was a fat gray striped female mosquito on my thigh. I slapped her dead. I've read, mosquitoes like hanging out under bushes (shrubs) and such like. I probably brought her back with me from the bushes. 

Also, I remembered, spraying perfume on myself after my morning shower. Had no intentions of going into the yard that day.  However toward evening, I felt I needed a little work out before bed. The event with the mosquito also got my attention back on the old well nearby needing a natural pesticide doughnut or two.  

Well, there wasn't a bird or dragonfly in sight, but my Heavenly Father is always here. He may have commanded my guardian angel to cause me to look down at my thigh. For whatever the reason the mosquito landed on me, thankfully I did not get bit. God gets all the glory for that!  I'm telling y'all, He's Good.


            (Above) While living in Tennessee, we kept fish in this standing water to eat mosquito larvae.

Comments