DRESS ACCORDINGLY FOR FLYING BUGS

I read recently that there are debates on whether blue or yellow clothes repel flies.  Well, the answer is simple.  Ask yourself, which bugs bug you the most?  If your answer is a certain type of fly, then you need to dress accordingly.  By all means, wear yellow.

I was watching television lately and saw a young scientist sporting a bold blue long-sleeved shirt with bright yellow wide stripes down the sleeves over a pair of gray shorts with burnt orange half circles on the sides of his shorts. The other scientist wore the traditional light gray and blue uniforms with logos.  I thought the younger guy could've been doing a sunrise-sunset look or something.  No.  

Scientists have found that wearing yellow as opposed to blue will repel a certain fly.  Now that I know that, I can say that the young scientist knew exactly what he was doing.  

However, flies are not my problem in my garden spaces.  The West Nile virus bearing mosquitoes are.  Plus, there are enough poisons being rained down onto the earth without adding more to our bodies/garden areas to repel bugs. Wearing the right colors to coexist with flying bugs is always best in my book. Also, I wouldn't want any of my guest to be bitten while exploring/enjoying my garden. 


Again, if you decide to wear yellow, you are a lovely light bulb or flower to dance around, and to land on.  Your choice.  If I visited a place where flies were the only problem, like a horse ranch, I'd where yellow, hands down.  On the contrary, if there are plenty of trees, bushes, and water in that area; toward evening I'd throw something blue or gray over the yellow.  Dress accordingly.  We can always do what the smart scientist did.  What's bugging you in your garden, Girls?

                                                          Happy Gardening!

Comments